Liberal Democrats win Chesham and Amersham by-election
Congratulations to Sarah Green on winning the Chesham and Amersham by-election with over 50% of the vote.
Thank you to all our members who helped in the campaign.
In her victory speech Sarah thanked voters and said she was "humbled by the faith you have placed in me".
"Whether I won your vote or not, I will be a strong and independent voice for all of our communities, I will always put you first and continue to listen to your views while holding this government to account," she said.
"Tonight, the voice of Chesham and Amersham is unmistakeable. Together we have said enough is enough - we will be heard and this government will listen.This campaign has shown that no matter where you live, or how supposedly safe a constituency may appear to be, if you want a Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament, you can have a Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament. If you wish to reject Conservative mismanagement and vote for a voice that will represent you and stand up for your rights, then it is a Liberal Democrat who will continue to fight your corner."
- Sarah Green (Liberal Democrat): 21,517
- Peter Fleet (Conservative): 13,489
- Carolyne Culver (Green Party): 1,480
- Natasa Pantelic (Labour): 622
- Alex Wilson (Reform UK): 414
- Carla Gregory (Breakthrough Party): 197
- Adrian Oliver (Freedom Alliance): 134
- Brendan Donnelly (Rejoin EU): 101
- Lib Dem majority: 8,028